GP Retail Operations was established in 1997 in servicing a specific niche market in the wholesale and retail environment.
The company has a national footprint with more than 7000 active employees across various divisions in the wholesale and retail sector.
What we believe in
- Providing superior service by adhering to productivity targets as agreed upon in the service level agreement supported by strong customer relations.
- Supplying a support service to clients in areas where expertise and human capital are of the essence, through innovative systems and operational excellence.
- Uplifting the community, committed to create equal employment opportunities through growth, training and development of its human resources.
- Creating a learning organisation that is characterised by professionalism and continuous improvement.
Add Your Heading Text Here
Accreditations and Certifications
GP Retail Operations is accredited/certified with the following organisations.
CGCSA is a is an industry association that represents retail and manufacturing members.
Sourcing through a comprehensive and sophisticated recruitment and selection process includes:
- Literacy and Numeracy Proficiency Assessments
- Criminal Records Checks
- Registering and referencing through CGCSA
Integrity of Staff
- Employee Hotline
- Honesty, Loss Prevention Awareness and Communication
- Induction Programmes
Being Our Partner
Advantages of partnering with the company:
- B-BBEE accreditation
- Output-based service level agreements
- Custom-designed operational solutions
- Multi-skilled teams with dedicated management
- Management with guaranteed quantifiable output
- National coverage
- Adherence to all statutory Tax and Labour legislations
- Financial stability ensuring flexibility and reliability of services
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
GP Retail Operations has structured its black ownership in accordance with the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Codes of Good Practice as stipulated by the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition.
- We are classified as a Value-Added Supplier.
- We comply with all seven elements of the Generic B-BBEE Scorecard.
We appreciate that economic empowerment encompasses more than just black equity and has thus embraced broad-based B-BBEE through various initiatives including:
Preferential Procurement: We have achieved in excess of 80% of the targets stipulated in the B-BBEE codes and this includes targets for Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSEs), Exempted Micro Enterprise (EMEs), black and black women owned small enterprises indicators.
Skills Development: The group is involved in numerous initiatives and projects to develop the literacy, numeracy, business and technical skills of our employees and external entities. We have excelled in the implementation of numerous W&RSETA registered Learnerships.
Social Responsibility: Our company has successfully empowered various disadvantaged communities and have achieved the full score under the Socio-Economic Development element.